Saturday, January 3, 2015

Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer

Back Cover
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.



 My Thoughts

Overall 
I really liked Cress a lot! I still prefer Scarlet best just because of the romance between her and Wolf but Cress is a great addition. I really love this series because in all the books the main character is about a brilliant, strong young woman. Cress is pure genius. She can hack computers as easily as she breathes or blinks. She's amazing! I really liked the character development that happened with Thorne in this book- Cress definitely brought out something good and worth-while in him. Cinder finally didn't get on my nerves as much as the last two books. I like her, I do. But she really needed to accept who she is and just kick some Lunar ass. 

Characters
So my main complaint about the characters this books is about Wolf. I was so in love with him in Scarlet. Cress just made him seem all forlorn and forgotten and rage lust. I get he's a wolf hybrid from the moon but come on! He's a force! He has to get himself out of this Saddy Sadsack place and go and kick some Lunar ass and get his woman back! I really hated how he was portrayed like the only way for him to go on is if Scarlet is with him. And yes, Scarlet is a great character and a strong young woman but no character needs to be so dependent on another that they are mindless. 
Cress- LOVE HER! I love her back story and how gentle she is. I also love how she sees the good in Thorne and never gives up on him.
Thorne finally becomes a character to me. His character development is tremendous and I actually like the dude. So yay! I really think he needed someone like Cress for him to mature and grow.
Cinder- finally accepts herself and takes matters into her own hands! Only took 3 books!


I highly recommend this entire series to anyone looking for something amazing to read. It's very fantastical but also has steampunk-esque elements. 

4 out of 5 stars!






No comments:

Post a Comment