Thursday, October 31, 2013

Nonfiction Books- 4th-6th grade

First of all,

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! What are you dressing up as? or what are your kids dressing up as? My husband and I are a zombie couple and our daughter is going as a peacock! So CUTE!

Now for the books. These are all nonfiction books for 4th-6th grade students. These were assigned reading for my lit class.

The Boston Tea Party by Russell Freedman (2012): Surprisingly, I enjoyed this book. It was very educational and told the Boston Tea Party story in an interesting manner with lots of great pictures. It would be a great book to use for a lesson on the BTP or for a book report about the event.
3 out of 3 stars!

Bodies From the Ice by James Deem (2008): This book was by far my favorite of the ones we had to read for class. It's long but worth the read! It's photographs of the bodies found in the ice are phenomonal and are sure to bring in even the readers who don't like nonfiction (like me!). It reminded me of BONES tv show in the way that they described the bones, photographed the findings and told the story of the body. I thought this was a great great great book. I also found out it is part of series!
3 out of 3 stars! Definitely read this book!

There are 2 more books we read Butterflies and What to do About Alice? but honestly, they weren't all that great. Alice is a book about President Roosevelt's daughter Alice and her life and adventures. Butterflies is exactly what you think, it's about butterflies and moths. I did learn that silk worms are moths though so yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment