Thursday, July 10, 2014

July Update

Gosh, I suck at life right now..at least blog wise. I've been working my ass off on my graduate research paper and I finally finished. I'm turning it in this weekend, the draft anyways. I will OFFICIALLY be DONE July 28. Say a prayer for me. I am praying that I do well on this paper. I have worked so hard on this for the last 4 or 5 months. I've put in sooo many hours and lost a lot of sleep for this. I passed my comprehensive exam which is half of what I need to graduate. The other half, well more than half, is this research paper. I've never been so stressed out in my life. I would work on it during my daughter's nap time and late late at night. I think the average I stayed up is until 3am. I plan on reading a few books the next few days too. I have missed reading sooo sooo much. I feel like my brain is goo.
My daughter will turn 2 in a couple weeks. I cannot believe this! I feel like she should still be that little baby I brought home from the hospital. It's amazing how much she's grown. She has A LOT of personality too. She loves to take walks, anything with fish, splashing around in water, and taking laundry basket rides. She's so funny. I told her she was my best friend the other day and she looked at me and said, 'Yes Mama'. I gave her a big hug and kiss and she then said, "NO!". She's a character. I'm enjoying my moments with her now because she is growing up wayyy to fast.
I'm excited for the next chapter in my life once this grad school chapter is officially closed. I plan on really buckling down and losing weight. I'm too embarrassed to admit how much I weigh but trust me, I can stand to lose a ton of weight. I would love to blame it on the pregnancy, which was now 2 years ago, but that's just a lame excuse. It's really because I'm lazy and hate hate hate to workout. I hate getting up in the morning. I hate sweating. I just hate it all. The thing is though, I know I need to. My husband knows, my friends know- but they are so kind and don't say anything, even if I think they're embarrassed by my fat ass. It's time. I'm doing the old fashioned way- hard work and eating healthy. Diets have never worked for me. And I know that once I lose the weight on a diet I'll just go back to my old ways once I'm done. So transitioning to a healthier lifestyle is what I plan on doing. It'll be hard, VERY hard, but I'm passed ready. It's important that I'm around for a long time because 1. I plan on seeing my daughter grow up, and 2. no other hussy is taking my man, I'll cut you.
So that's pretty much where I am in life. Waiting for this grad school stuff to finally be done. Transitioning into a healthier lifestyle for the better of me and my family, and watching, with a few tears in my eyes, my daughter grow up. Hopefully soon I'll have a few book reviews and a couple interviews for you to read too. Have a great week and weekend.
Grab a book and READ.
M

No comments:

Post a Comment