Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks

It took me 3 attempts to finally sit down and read this Sparks book. Why? I don't know. I just expected it to be like all his other books, which I love. I love Nicholas Sparks. I have a signed copy of one of his books. I think he does romance like no other author. But there was something about this book that made me keep putting it off. But I'm glad I read it in the end. It was really good.

The Longest Ride is about life...the longest ride of all. I think once I read that line I went, "Ohhh nice, Nicholas, That's brilliant." It opens up with Ira, an old man stuck in a snow bank in his car. He starts telling his story from the beginning which honestly, was a tough part for me..the first chapter really made me want to stop..but then you meet Sophia and Luke. That's when the book gets interesting. And romantic. Not that Ira and his wife's love story wasn't interesting it was..even funny. Ira and his wife are funny together- she's dead but he's hallucinating her as he slowly dies his car being buried alive- it's not as bad as it sounds but still, pretty bad. In a previous post, I mentioned that I LOVE twists. And boy! does ole Nicky Sparks pull a doozy of a one in this book. But it's not until the end of the story really. I loved this love story. Like I said, Nicholas Sparks does love like no other. Luke is a bull rider- a dangerous and potentially hazardous to your health job. Sophia is a beautiful college student who just broke up with her horrible no-good boyfriend. Luke isn't what she was expecting and Luke is definitely not what Sophia was expecting. But they work. They are beautiful together. Kinda makes you want to go find your own cowboy. Their love is fast and true- but the important things is, it's real. Sophia's roomate is annoying little bitch who tries to ruin Sophia's chances at true love. I'm so glad Sophia doesn't listen to her but to her heart. Luke is a cowboy, a quiet cowboy who is tough and rugged and pure country. He's what all ladies want and so few find. A romantic but tough. True tough, not fake tough like some men act. He was hurt, almost killed, 1.5 years ago and his riding bulls could kill him. You think he's crazy and that he has to walk away for his sake and for the sake of his relationship with his Mom and Sophia. But he's a man.
In the end, it all works out though. Plus the amazing twist that ties Ira into Luke and Sophia's love story. It's a great one. One that made go, "No Way!" and laugh. It's unexpected but you know it's so out there that you're like, 'They deserve this though.' I think this is one of my top 5 favorite Nicky Sparks books. Keep 'em coming Mr. Sparks!

5 out of 5! Love that makes you swoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment