Friday, March 30, 2012

Gathering of Waters by Bernice L. McFadden

Taking some 'me' time and a nice break from reading mandatory young adult books, I chose to read an African American genre book. I don't normally read a lot of these books, if I read them I usually pick them up by accident, sad but true. This one however, I chose because it is set in Mississippi.
If you don't read AF fiction often, start with this book! It's funny, moving and chalked full of sex. Set around many characters and different circumstances it tells their stories. Who is the narrator you ask? The city, Money. That's right. This book is told by the city that it is set in. Unique doesn't even describe this. Brilliant and wonderful are 2 words that come to mind. This book is one that you can't put down and want to know more about. 5 out of 5 stars!
Read this book! It's worth your time, laughter and even anger (b/c something awful happens in the book).

No comments:

Post a Comment