Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

I'm trying really hard to post more and read more. It's hard with a toddler running around and getting into everything but I'm going to do my best.

Cinder was a book that I've seen tumbling around on Tumblr and Goodreads for a while. I decided to read it because I know a couple friends had read it and raved about it so I was like 'it can't hurt'. I LOVED IT!
I think it was a bit predictable in the fact that I just knew somehow this cyborg was going to end up being the missing princess (oops did I just ruin that for you?). Seriously, I didn't..you HAVE HAVE HAVE to read this book. It's sooo good. Cinder is such a strong and mesmerizing character. I also think I have a bit of a crushy crush on Iko- the Prince. I did hate her evil stepmother and one horrible stepsister.
The twist Meyer gives to the story Cinderella is very intriguing. A cyborg girl who's a mechanic and 'fixes' all the stuff around the house that breaks because her step family is too lazy, Brilliant. There's much more to it. It blows my mind how the author created this futuristic world where gas cars are extremely rare and the Moon has a race, Lunar. They have this horrible evil and vile Queen who magics her people and eventually the people on Earth. More importantly there's a horrible disease killing people, which kills the Emperor and Peony- one of Cinder's step sisters. The disease is intriguing because there's different stages of it. From detection to death. And everyone so far has died. Except Cinder. It turns out she's immune and she may be the key to saving everyone. But then it gets SO GOOD.
I really hate spoiling books for people..especially if you're thinking of reading it..so I'll leave you with this..Iko and Cinder may get together...The evil Lunar Queen may get what she wants or she may die..Cinder may die trying to save her planet...
I'm telling you, Cinder is by far one of the best books I've read this year. I am dying to get my hands on the next book in the series. I have it on hold at the library but I may not be able to wait since I'm like #6 for it. Cinder is a great heroine, and an unlikely heroine at that. Which is the kind of heroine I love to read about and see where her story leads. I love when those everyone doubts, rise to the occasion. I know you'll love this book. And if you don't, we can no longer be friends (I jest, but seriously if you don't love this book..fake it for me). 

You NEED to read this book...

5 out of 5 stars! Go get it now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment