Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I finally decided to read The Fault in Our Stars after buying it 3 months ago on my Kindle. I wasn't really into reading, maybe because of the hype of it or because I know I cry like a baby when it's a sad sad story. Either way, I sat down a read it. I'm very glad I did.

I'm sure most of you know the story by now but this is my book blog so I'll tell you the story anyways...

The story centers around Hazel Grace, a 16 yr old girl who has thyroid cancer but also water in her lungs. She's not in remission but her cancer hasn't spread since being put on a new medication. She's terminal. She attends a Cancer Support group once a week and this is where she meets, Augustus (Gus).
In my eyes, they immediately hit it off. Even though Hazel is very calm about a boy staring at her and acts cool she is anything but. Hazel has this uncanny ability to talk- when she talks it's pretty epic what she says. For a 16 yr old, some of the stuff she says..it's just like wow! Gus had cancer, which caused him to have his leg amputated. He's in remission. Hazel Grace and Gus start to hang out right away. I mean the very night they meet, knowing each other for only an hour, they go to his house (his parents are there) to watch a movie. I guess it's not too weird but I was like 'hmm, wow.' After that, they are pretty much inseparable. They spend a lot of time together and help their friend, Isaac, through his eye cancer. The 3 of them hang out a lot together supporting each other.
Hazel Grace and Gus bond even more over Hazel's favorite book. Gus suggests they use his Wish to meet him..Hazel is shocked- why would he want to waste his Wish on her? They go. and are disappointed.
Spoiler alert...Gus dies. He freakin dies. I cried so hard. I knew. but omg. He's there..and then he's not. Heart. break.

I'm mostly being vague so if you choose to read you're surprised a little bit at least. The book was pretty much told to me but I read it so I can say I read it.

Go read it...and bring a box of tissues.. 4 out of 5 stars..that emotional roller coaster made my eyes hurt from all the tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment