Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

I feel like it's been forever since I posted! Family and friends were in visiting and we've been busy with getting things ready for the baby :) But I have books, books and more books waiting to be read and talked about! So fear not, I am back and ready to read, read, read!!

So now my review:

After you get over all sex and kink (if you can) and stop blushing about all the things that Grey does to Ana (if you can) this story really tells a tale of love..and lust. For some reason, you fall in love with Grey too even after knowing why he is so messed up and why he is the way he is, you still can't help but think 'what a man!'. Ana is a great and lovable character too. She's headstrong, intelligent and beautiful which is why Grey loves her and why the reader loves her too. Because she stands up for herself and those she loves, she brings out the good in Grey, who swears he has no heart or any goodness. E.L. James introduces some CRAZY characters in this second book leaving you on the edge of your seat. The stalker/crazy girl who was once Grey's sub scared the living crap out me because I could only think about her shooting Grey or Ana. Mrs Robinson pissed me off the whole time and every time she opened her mouth I wanted Ana to slap the living daylights out her (a drink in the face in the end, helped a little). I think the worst character introduced was Ana's temporary boss at the publishing agency. What a jerk!! He deserved everything he got and then some! The last chapter leaves you knowing that this jerk will come back and try some more ugliness and pervertedness towards Grey and Ana.
5 out of 5!! Great book!

Now onward to '50 Shades Freed'!

No comments:

Post a Comment